Tips for Children
The following is a list of special tips that can help save the lives of our children:
- Teach your child to call from the house phone – not the cell phone.
- Tell your child not to hang up until told to do so.
- Kids have a tendency to mumble when they’re nervous. Stress the importance of being heard and understood.
- Make sure your child can say his or her first and last name.
- Stress to your child the absolute importance to not make things up.
- Have your child practice on an unplugged phone.
- Teach your child when to call 911. Anytime they feel danger such as a fire, stranger or intruder, or if a parent/adult will not wake up.